Monday, December 15, 2014

Letter #20

15 December 2014 @ 10:45 AM

So! Transfers. Fun stuff there. Monday was pretty normal p day. Tuesday was filled with good byes and a few pictures and then Wednesday was Transfer day. We were at the mission office early, around 10:00. The buses didn't leave until 3. So we hung out there for a while and I talked to some people and then I had to navigate through the metro with 2 large bags and one little bag and my backpack, so that was an adventure. They almost didn't let me on because I had too many bags apparently, but it was alright (there wasn't too many people on the bus). We didn't get to Ottawa until 8. So long day of driving and then just getting settled in. Stuff about our apartment: Elder Bybee and I live in a 4 man apartment with the Spanish Elders, Elder Artica and Elder Gonzalos. It's a little different. And a little messier. But it's fun. 

Our building has no 13 floor because the architects were superstitious, so that's cool. Elder Bybee is pretty cool. He dies (goes home) in August so he's been out a little longer than me. He plays the violin and was a model for Holister (he was a cashier and he wore Holister clothes and sometimes did photo shoots). It's pretty fun and crazy in a 4 man.

Thursday we went gift wrapping at the mall. People would come up and pay to have their gifts wrapped and all the proceeds went to charity. While there, a tv crew came up and interviewed the lady in charge and got a few shots of us wrapping gifts. 2 days later I had some members come up to me and say, "Did I see you on the 11 o'clock news last night?" So now I'm famous. . . Not really but it was pretty cool.
Friday we went and saw Meet the Mormons! (yes, it's here) We took a kind of inactive member named Steve. He lives in the same building as us so we visit him often. He's super nice but he just has some mental problems. But he came to church for the first 2 hours which was great and he felt great after Meet the Mormons. And we got Panda Express, which there is only 1 in Ottawa.

Saturday we played soccer with some non-members/investigators. They said I was a really good defender and I thought they were joking, but he meant it... Maybe I should take up soccer again.

Sunday was pretty good. I met a lot members and introduced myself in sacrament meeting. One guy, Brother Forsberg, said he had lived in Logan 40 years ago and a young lady, Sister Ericson, said she graduated from USU! Elder Bybee said there are actually a lot of people from Utah here. This new ward reminds me a lot of home. It's not a small ward, but it's not big, and everyone speaks English.

We'll see how it goes.

Elder Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment