Monday, December 22, 2014

Letter #21

22 December 2014 @ 11:58 AM

I would just like to start off by saying that it's hard to believe that it's almost Christmas, that it's almost 2015, that I just graduated at the beginning of this year, and that Heavenly Father has put so much trust into a young, fairly inexperienced and pretty awkward me. I'm so grateful for this time of year, for my family and friends who love me, for the amazing people in Ottawa, and for the greatest gift ever given to mankind: Our Savior and Redeemer, the Prince of Peace, The Son of God, and our Brother Jesus Christ. Friday and Saturdaywe were able to watch a live Nativity performed by the stake. This tradition attracted hundreds of people, many of which if not most were non-members. I forgot the cold as the many actors (varying from primary to. . . more experienced) depicted the prophesying of and the actual birth of the Lamb of God. It was a wonderful experience.

Earlier in the week we were able to visit some different members of our ward. We helped the Fongs move Saturday and visited them on different days (first for dinner, then to give Brother Fong a blessing, then again because I forgot my bag...). So the Fongs are a great family who love the missionaries. Brother Fong is half Asian, Sister Fong is half African, and their children are Ailen (looks more Asian), Seth (looks white), and Lily (looks more black). They're a fun family. I also met the Polynice Family, a recently converted Haitian Family. The youngest daughter we're trying to see if she's ready for baptism and we are working on helping the son receive the Aaronic Priesthood. They're pretty crazy, but we were able to have a good thought and eat some good Haitian food. 

Also, my District Leader who also shares our apartment wanted me to say Hi to you. His name is Elder Artica. He was born in Peru but his family currently lives in Provo. He's pretty great and crazy and is helping me work out better and play the ukulele.

Merry CHRISTmas to all of you and I hope you have a fantastic and fun-filled holiday season! Joyeuse Noel!

Elder Perkes

No comments:

Post a Comment